Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome!

Living a life of love, peace and hope can only be accomplished when we listen to God and follow His instruction. We all think that we know what's best for us and how to do that, but we all fall short, and end up with disappointment, heartache, ...or worse. 

Proverbs 3:5 tells us not to lean on our own understanding on how to live life, but we are to trust in the Lord completely. Yet, we don't have to trust in Him blindy, either. We cannot trust in the Lord with all our hearts unless we personally know who the Lord is, and what He desires for us and from us. The only way to know this by reading His instruction manual for life, also known as the Bible.

Most people think that they know what it says, but it's usually based on what we've heard someone else say, or because we follow a religious tradition (which often leaves us empty.)

I grew up "in the church." I attended Sunday school and church from ages 5 - 18 years old, but I had never read the Bible, or been taught how to read the Bible, or even to understand how the Bible could help me in my daily life. When I began attending a Bible-based church as an adult, I had a lot of questions, but I was too embarrassed to ask them. I was afraid that I would look stupid. I put the pastor on a pedestal high above "little-ol'-me" so never asked the questions I had. But I was hungry to find answers.

I wonder if some of you may be in that same situation? That's why we are starting this blog...to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, in an understandable way. ..to find out who Jesus is, and to learn how much He loves you. Once we learn how wide, long, high and deep His love is for us, then we can truly trust in Him. Every month we'll discuss questions or topics we've received from you.

We hope you enjoy and grow as you walk with us through 
God's Word, to know within your heart how much you are loved by the Creator of the Universe, who wants the best for you!

Christine & Jeff 

Psalm 138:2-3
"I will worship ... and praise your name
for your loving kindness and for your
truth; for you have magnified your
Word above every name.  When I 
cried to you, you did answer me and
did increase the strength of my soul."